More About Krys
DC-based health and wellness professional Krys Hines believes in an active approach to wellbeing. As a seasoned orthopedic physical therapist, she has worked with many individuals to resolve musculoskeletal complaints, reduce workplace injury, and educate them on recovery and personal injury prevention stratgies. This journey includes working with national corporations to reduce work-place injuries by assessing and analyzing workplace environments, implementing exercise based wellness breaks, lecturing to employee groups, and creating job descriptions that highlight musculoskeletal demands.
Quality of life, as determined by the individual, is Krys’ ultimate goal. She has led a career emphasizing return to work/play and injury prevention with the expertise of optimizing human movement. The global pandemic highlighted a new area of focus as many people made the shift to remote work. Posture based pains and diagnosis continue to increase in this population. With this new way of living and working, it is important that we understand the impact of our postures and daily ‘inactivities’ when we don’t move.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Emory University
- Multi-state Active Physical Therapy Licensure
- Master of Business Administration, Louisiana State University
- B.A. Movement & Sport Sciences, Purdue University
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- Certified Ergonomic Assessment Specialist II
- HeartMath® Certified Practitioner
- Former Crossfit Level-1 Trainer (10 years)